Tuesday, March 03, 2009

...take me back to the age of innocence...

"the way we're living makes no sense, take me back to the age of innocence..."
--cute is what we aim for--

"i want to know what it's like to be awkward and innocent..."
--motion city soundtrack--

lately i've been trying to remember the time when there was
no pain... no hurt... no worries...
when i thought that my parents were millionaires bcuz we always had what we needed.
when no one i knew had died,
when no one had ever told me i was worthless or unwanted,
when i hadn't ever had a fight with my parents...
back to the time when i didn't even know putting up walls was an option,
and my version of a bad day was heath not letting me play legos with him...
to not even be able to comprehend war and hate and crime and suicide...
to not know that so many christians are cliche...
to go back to that time...
to be awkward and innocent...
i wonder what it'd be like to be in those shoes again...


i wonder what it'd be like to be awkward and innocent again...

No comments: