Wednesday, August 20, 2008

the little thing known as life

Sometimes I forget that 9 months out of the year I have no life... and by that I mean I have too much of a life for anything else (like sleeping). Currently I'm at school 11 hours a day and then I go home to sleep, wake up, and do it all over again.

I thought I was busy last year, but this year I have...
  • Classes / Homework
  • Athletic Training Hours
  • Job
  • Youth Group
  • Bible Study
  • CRU Planning Comity
  • Church / College Night

and then maybe I'll get to hang out with friends for an hour per week, maybe.

But what I realized today while at youth group, was that in the past I have always felt that i 'had no life' because I was so busy with everything and got no time to rest... but what I realized tonight was that this is the best life could be. Investing in kids' lives is so rewarding... studying God's Word is the best thing I could be doing with my life... planning things to draw people into God's family is way better than sleeping. Church... my family and friends who build me up and take care of me when needed - this is crucial. So where in the past I've thought of them all as just another thing to keep me way too busy, I now see as true life... these are the things that make life worth living...

No comments: