Tuesday, December 16, 2008

passion and perspective

I was told that two things you should never lose, above all, are passion and perspective. This is something I've been meaning to look into, but unfortunately my schedule has not warranted it. I've thought about it quite a bit, however, and it seems to be legit. But I figured that if I post about it like this, I'll be more likely to remember and look into it sooner... almost just to justify to myself that it is a true statement... because I feel like those two characteristics cover over almost everything else. I mean, if you have the correct perspective on things, that in and of itself is a huge battle. Once you see things clearly, and situations come to make sense [at least as much sense as God warrents... as He is all-knowing and we are not], there is not much else you need. Once you realize that God is sovereign in all circumstances [thus gaining perspective], there should be no more fear, no more worry, no more impatience, ect... and from that, even joy can be stemmed... because there is joy in knowing the sovereignty of God. So many things follow after you gain a correct perspective on things.
And then there is passion. I suppose you could say that somehow passion could be stemmed from perspective as well... but I like that it was also stated as a necessity. At least it is something that I've definately found to be true... passion is a must. Once you lose passion... you lose everything. If that desire for God is gone, it is incredibly hard to continue pursuing Him. Possible? of course... we aren't going to always FEEL like pursuing God. But I think passion pushes past feelings. It is a desire that comes from deep within us...

Okay so I wasn't going to rant about this tonight, but I guess it happened anyways. I have absolutely nothing to back me up, these are just the ramblings thoughts rolling around in my head. [as i read back through the post i realize that it is clear that i am very lethargic and my thoughts do not connect... oh well]


And at this point in time, I just wish that it wasn't so unbelievably hot in here so maybe I'd at least have a chance at breathing.

No comments: