Wednesday, January 28, 2009

John 16:33

Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.

In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world."

In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world."

In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties. But take heart! I've conquered the world."

In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world. [I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you.]

While you are in the world, you will have to suffer. But cheer up! I have defeated the world.

In this world you will have trouble, but be brave! I have defeated the world."


You will have suffering in this world. Be courageous! I have conquered the world."

In this world you will have trouble. But cheer up! I have won the battle over the world."

The world will trouble you much. But be glad. I have power over the world.'

Put it all together:


In this world you will experience trials and sorrow, trouble, tribulation, difficulties, distress and frustration, you will have to suffer... but take heart and be of good cheer, be couragous and confident, certain and undaunted, be brave, and be glad because Christ has overcome and conquered the world... He has defeated and won the battle over the world. Cheer up! For it is He who holds all the power over the world.


I realize that you can't just do this to scripture, but I just did. I think it adds so much meaning to the verse... it's probably something like what the Message would say, ha.

This verse is what our three week series at youth group is on. It's pretty intense. Everyone can relate to trials... For everyone has gone through them, is going through them, or will go through them... many I'd say fall into all three catergorizes.

1 comment:

Laurel said...

wow. i like that alot. thank you.