Sunday, November 23, 2008

let's start at the very beginning...

...it's a very good place to start.


I am someone who has a pretty open relationship with God, as in, I talk to Him quite frequently throughout each day, but I think my problem is I forget that I can talk to God about me... I'm a pro at bringing other people to God in prayer, at asking for others' needs, asking for healing for other people, talking to God about other peoples' relationships... but when it comes to me, I just don't.

I'm not sure what the deal is, but I forget that I can ask God for things in my own life as well...

"Help me to not feel self conscious"
"Let me know how to handle this situation"
"Should I like him? Shouldn't I like him?"
"Help me not to dwell on things I shouldn't"
"Grant me confidence"
"Give me strength"
"Please heal me"
"Come to my rescue"
"Let me forget the past"
"Carry my burdens"
"Take these thoughts away from me"
"Show me your will"
"Teach me your ways"
"Show me how to be loved"

They are all prayers that I need... yet I feel so selfish when I pray for them. It's so much easier to pray for other people, but I've come to realize that I also need to lift myself up in prayer... for it is a relationship between ME and GOD... In a relationship you talk to the other person about yourself, not just about all of your friends.

So I'm going to try to get back to the basics...
A conversation between me and God, about me and God.
Sounds like a plan to me.

No comments: