- I don't have many vices beyond caring what other people think, she said, but that's a big one.
- I don't think of it as working for world peace, he said. I think of it as just trying to get along in a really big strange family.
- Can I count on you to be there, no matter what? she said & I said no & she said what kind of friend are you? & I said the kind who won't lie to you any time you want.
- I like people until they give me reason not to, she said.Some days they just drop like flies, though, she added.
- Everything changed the day she figured out there was exactly enough time for the important things in her life.
- How'd it go at soccer? I said & he said we worked on fundamentals & I said like why you were even chasing around after a ball in the first place? & from the way he looked at me I figured out that was probably too fundamental.
- The first time I played golf, I had the most fun throwing bread to the goldfish in the pro shop. It made as much sense as anything else.
- I was never good at hide & seek because I'd always make enough noise so my friends would be sure to find me. I don't have anyone to play those games with any more, but now & then I make enough noise just in case someone is still looking & hasn't found me yet.
- I didn't listen to her because she was my mother & wouldn't know anything until I was much older.
- You're the strangest person I ever met, she said & I said you too & we decided we'd know each other a long time.
- I asked her what she planned to do with her life & she said she was way beyond that point already. I'm just happy I remember to be there when it happens, she said.
- I've had some of my best conversations with strangers, she said, because they have no idea who they're dealing with.
- It's hardest to love the ordinary things, she said, but you get lots of opportunities to practice.
- I finally got to exactly where I wanted to be, she said, so why won't all these growth experiences go away & leave me alone?
- I only do this until I get dizzy & then I lay down on my back & watch the clouds, she said. It sounds simple but you won't believe how many people forget the second part.
Friday, November 21, 2008
These are my favorite storypeople quotes. They are as follows: