Monday, May 11, 2009

strange & beautiful: random adventures

So this weekend I went home to hang out with Matt. On Saturday we did normal hang-out things like sat around and talked, played some ultimate frisbee (where i learned for ceratin that the meds from mayo are doing nothing to benefit my well-being), ate at his favorite acapulco, and then were on our way to red-box where we were going to rent a movie. It's at this time that Matt says something to the effect of, "I wonder how late the bar olympics goes" Now, Hannah was going to come home with me and hang out with us, but stayed in Upsala to hang out with her sis who was in town... and the bar olympics just so happened to be going on as well. Matt then mentions that Hannah had said something to the effect that cuz she couldn't come home with me, that we should go to her... As we were sitting in the car outside the red-box place, we had a short discussion that ended in us driving up to Upsala. At this point in the night it was about 9pm. The pursuasion was the fact that Matt said I always go on adventures with other people, but never him. So Saturday night, we went on an adventure.

On the way up, we went 94, on the way home we went 10. I've always wondered which one is faster. 94 is longer milage-wise, but faster speed. They were definately the EXACT same time. Both within 5 minutes of each other, 1.5 hours. Both ways. Exactly. It amazed me.

So we got up there around 11 only to find no Hannah. The whole, lets just surprise her, didn't work out so well, ha. So we head on over to the Ripplingers, obviously, the only logical thing to do... Krystal and Shawn were watching a movie -- well, they tried to, but we stopped that for quite some time. So we hung out there for awhile until we found Hannah. So we let them finish their movie and we went to get Hannah. First we went to the bar, which wasn't too hoppin, cuz apparently the bar olympics happen during the day... who would have thunk? We hung out there for a couple hours just having a good time... had some pretty good concoctions, I must say. Most of the shots I'd never had before, and were pretty... well, fruity. But overall pretty good, and free, which is always a bonus.

The next stop was back to her house where we filled the kitchen and ourselves with some glittery stuff that was supposed to be for her mom for mothers day I think... but we had fun getting everyone full of it. I'm not sure what else we did. Just sat around and hung out. Laughed a lot. Tickled Matt. He's way ticklish... Hannah liked that trick I showed her, ha. Overall, just had a great time. Haven't laughed that hard in awhile... there's nothing like spending a night with two of your best friends.

Then we drove home, ha. That was fun... at 4 in the morning. Matt talked the whole way there... then on the way home... nothing. What a jerk, ha. He doesn't talk when he's tired. This was a bad thing. On top of being tired, I'm not sure what was up with my brain, but it was making me hallucinate real bad. First, we almost drove into a house, that was in the middle of the road, but it was okay, because we were just driving through the front door... then there was a toad that was ginormous, and we almost drove up on its face, but it disappeared before we got to it. There were some pillars in the middle of the road, too. A few other things as well... like a large farm tractor of some kind that was driving across the road right in front of us... that was the one that looked the most real... I had my foot on the brake ready to slam on the brakes hard when Matt asked why I was braking... cuz apparently, there was no tractor. So even though he was tired, He was still alert enough to let me know my hallucinagens were just that, and not real. But, it's not like I was falling asleep... I was alert... it was weird.

All that being said, we had one amazing night. It makes me smile thinking about it.

No comments: